Hey There!

Hey there! All books on THIS blog are for mature readers that are +17.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Review: Unspoken (Woodlands #2) by Jen Frederick



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published September 13th 2013 by Pear Tree LLC
From: NetGalley

~~

Synopsis:

Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary. 

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered. 

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her. 

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

~~

Review:
I loved this book! There is such passion and emotion on every page. You cannot read this and not want to stand up to horrid gossip-mongers and general causers of grief. And deposit a pile of manure on each and every one of them!! Especially in high school or college because those years are supposed to be revelating and empowering. Those years are where we find our inner selves and embrace it all. But not for AM or AnnMarie. She made a mistake ONE TIME. And now pays for it every day. After living in self-exile away from the communal areas of college, AM is partnered with Bo, and cutely, made project partners for a term assignment. For AM, Bo is someone who is devastatingly gorgeous but wouldn't look at her in a thousand years. The fact that he keeps starting conversations and staring at her makes her edgy. And a little bit hopeful. For Bo, AM offers a refreshing outlook on life. She makes him laugh, and she's not caught up with all the BS that hangs around college. And then he finds out why. Both AM and Bo have a great deal of revealing to do. Both are willing to make sacrifices which don't always end well. The surrounding characters of AM and Bo are all equally great, and the story serves a warning for everyone entering the halls of higher education. 

- CBx



You can reach Jen Frederick here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment